Since my first announcement about my little api reference tool I’ve slowly been working on updates to make it more useful and easier to navigate around. I’ve now gone and pushed the latest version live. A few of the new features:
- The main and platform lists of interfaces are split by the module where the interface lives.
- Interface lists have a quick filter box, type in it to filter the list quickly.
- Any interfaces used as return types or parameters are now links to get you straight to the information about them.
- Full IDL support so it now lists all the special attributes and for the uninitiated they have tooltips that explain what they mean.
- You can now list all usage of an interface by other interfaces.
- Constants are ordered the same as in the source IDL since they tend to make more sense that way.
- Includes direct links to the source IDL file.
I’ve also updated the database with the latest APIs in 1.9.1b2pre and as soon as 1.9.1b2 is frozen I’ll update it again just to be sure it has the latest versions.
You can also search the API for interfaces. There isn’t any UI for this right now but it is perfectly set up for a smart bookmark. Just use http://www.oxymoronical.com/experiments/apidocs/search/interface/%s for the url and an appropriate keyword and you can do quick searches for substrings of the interface name.